Cynara Development Services is run by Lindsey Jones-Renaud. She is an expert on gender equitable programming, policy-making, planning, and organizational development. See below for examples of her work.
Strategic Planning for the DC Abortion Fund
Lindsey led the DC Abortion Fund through an eight-month strategic planning process. She designed and facilitated a strategic planning workshop with the 13-member Board of Directors and guided them in development of strategic priorities, implementation plans, and indicators for monitoring success. She also conducted interviews and focus groups with stakeholders to get their feedback and created an online, collaborative work plan for Board members to hold each other accountable in implementing the plan.
Gender Justice Bootcamp Training for Oxfam America
Lindsey designed and led a 3-day Gender Justice Bootcamp for 20 members of the gender justice team at Oxfam America. Topics included: gender, socialization, and biology; intersectionality; applying a theory of change for gender justice; sexual harassment; power analysis and collective action; and understanding resistance to gender justice. The Bootcamp was grounded in practical application in participants’ daily work at Oxfam America and ended with action items and strategic priorities for the group’s collective work.
Survivor-Centered Approaches to Workplace Harassment
Lindsey designed and led anti-harassment trainings for 170 employees at World Learning. The training took a survivor/victim-centered approach to preventing and addressing harassment. It focused on how harassment is rooted in power imbalances and inequality. Lindsey also organized two bystander intervention trainings led by the grassroots organization, Collective Action for Safe Spaces, for groups in Washington DC.
Job-Aides, Toolkits, and Research
Lindsey has developed numerous tools, and resources that provide guidance to users in a concrete in a user-friendly manner, including:
- The Intervention Guide for the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index for the US Government’s flagship Feed the Future Initiative;
- The Gender Analysis, Assessment, and Audit Manual and Toolkit for ACDI/VOCA;
- Cultivating Women's Empowerment: Stories from Feed the Future for the US Government’s flagship Feed the Future Initiative; and
- Pushing the Frontiers of Inclusive Market Systems: Women's Economic Empowerment for USAID.
- Women's Empowerment in Agriculture: Collective Action in the Sunhara India Program for ACDI/VOCA.